Updated: 15th April 2018
Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 Loaner Rules
"By April 6th, we will have all Loaner ships updated in-game and in Concept Ship Loaners: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/concept-ship-loaners" - From this Spectrum post about stability.
Backers who own ships not available in the PU (Persistent Universe) will receive respective loaner ships until those ship become "Flight Ready."
- Loaner ships are not replacement ships. They are not intended to provide a 1:1 "best case substitute" for a ship that isn't flight ready yet.
- Due to the current restrictions in Arena Commander, certain ships have a secondary loaner to allow them to play in all game modes i.e. the Freelancer MAX gets a Freelancer for PU and a Hornet for AC.
- As new ships become available the loaners can be substituted by CIG.
- Loaners are not permanent additions to players accounts. They are temporary until ships become flight ready.
Source: The official Concept Ship Loaners post on Spectrum.
- Added the Origin 300i loaner for the new Origin 100 series.
- Added Cyclone base and Aurora MR for the Cyclone variants
- Added Aurora MR for Dragonfly
- Added the Hornet Trainer to Constellation Aquila, Reclaimer
- Hull D and E now get Reclaimer loaner instead of Starfarer
- Added Reclaimer for Orion
- X1 and variants now get Nox instead of Aurora MR
Loaner Matrix – Alpha 3.1
|600i||Constellation Aquila, URSA Rover|
|890 Jump||Starfarer, 85x|
|Carrack||Constellation Aquila, URSA Rover|
|Constellation Phoenix, Taurus||Constellation Andromeda|
|Cutlass Variants||Cutlass Black|
|Cyclone & Variants||Cyclone Base, Aurora MR|
|Defender||Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)|
|Genesis Starliner||Constellation Andromeda|
|Hull A & B||Freelancer|
|Hull D, E||Reclaimer|
|Hurricane||F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Idris-M & P||Starfarer Gemini, MPUV Passenger|
|Javelin||Starfarer Gemini, MPUV Cargo|
|Lynx Rover||URSA Rover|
|P-72 Archimedes||P-52 Merlin|
|Terrapin||F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Vanduul Blade||Vanduul Scythe|
|Vanguard Harbinger & Sentinel||Vanguard Warden|
|X1 & Variants||Aurora MR|
Please note, our loaner matrix list may be out of date. Please always check the official RSI website for up to date information.
Why do I have a Starfarer Gemini in my hangar?
If you bought a Reclaimer, Orion, Banu Merchantman, Hull C, D or E or an Endeavor you will have a Starfarer as a temporary loaner. The loaner can change in the future until your ship if flight ready.
Why do I have an URSA Rover in my hangar?
If you bought a Lynx Rover or Nova you will have been given an URSA Rover as a temporary loaner until the vehicle you purchased becomes playable. For Cyclone variant owners you should now have the base Cyclone.
Why do I have an Aurora MR in my hangar?
You may have been issued an Aurora MR depending on the concept ship you own. See the above concept loaner matrix for details or check the official post about loaners on Spectrum.