Updated 7th December 2018.
Grim Hex as of 3.0 is available to all players to visit freely. Prior to 3.0 it was only available for players with a crimestat.
Getting from Port Olisar (Crusader) To Grim Hex (Yela)
There are two methods players can use to quantum travel from Port Olisar to Grim Hex (Green Imperial Hex). One involves using simply spooling the ship's quantum drive (press B) and the other method involves first selecting the location from the Star Map (F2)
Simple Method (No pre-selection in Star Map)
1. Spool the quantum drive (Press B)
2. Move your ship and find the Quantum Travel Marker for Yela (see image). Pointing your ship at the Quantum Travel Marker will calibrate the drive
3. Hold B to initiate the quantum jump to Yela
Once you arrive at Yela you will notice an asteroid field around the moon. Your quantum drive will require a second to cooldown so that it can be used again. It is important to note the longer the quantum travel the longer the quantum drive will need to cooldown.
4. Press B to spool the quantum drive
Grim Hex is located in the asteroid belt so point your ship around the belt and search for the Grim Hex Quantum Travel Marker (see image). If you don't see the Grim Hex marker it might be on the opposite side of the moon. In that case jump to another Quantum Marker and search again as you go around the moon. By using the North Pole (OM1) or South Pole (OM6) markers you will get a clear view of the entire asteroid belt as it is placed around the Yela's equator.
5. Move your ship to point at the Grim Hex Quantum Travel Marker
6. Hold B to initiate the quantum jump to Grim Hex
7. Approach Grim Hex with care no to crash into asteroids. Head towards the big asteroid clump directly ahead. If you get lost spool the quantum drive again to get the Grim Hex marker up again (It will show a "Too close" warning and the distance).
Star Map Method - Easier (Mobiglas)
1. Open your Mobiglas (F1 and navidage to Starmap or F2 to go straight to the Star Map) - See image
2. In the Star Map DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK to zoom out fully and view the entire Stanton System.
3. DOUBLE LEFT CLICK on Crusader to zoom into the area (this is where Yela is located)
4. DOUBLE LEFT CLICK on Yela to zoom into the area of Yela (this is where Grim Hex is located).
4. LEFT CLICK to select Grim Hex and then click SET ROUTE. This will set Grim Hex as your final destination.
Once you have set Grim Hex as your destination the system will automatically calculate the route and show you only the next Quantum Travel Marker to travel to.
5. Move your ship to point at the Quantum Travel Marker recommended. A small blue hollow triangle on the border of the HUD will show you which direction the Quantum Travel Marker is.
6. Press B to spool the quantum drive then Hold B to initiate the quantum jump to Yela. The HUD will show the current jump and the total number of jumps required to reach the destination. In this case 1/2 (Currently aiming at the first jump and a total of 2 jumps)
7. After the first quantum jump point the ship at the next travel marker and spool the drive (Press B) and then jump (HOLD B).