Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 Loaner Rules
Backers who own ships not available in the PU (Persistent Universe) will receive respective loaner ships until those ship become "Flight Ready."
- Loaner ships are not replacement ships. They are not intended to provide a 1:1 "best case substitute" for a ship that isn't flight ready yet.
- Due to the current restrictions in Arena Commander, certain ships have a secondary loaner to allow them to play in all game modes i.e. the Freelancer MAX gets a Freelancer for PU and a Hornet for AC.
- As new ships become available the loaners can be substituted by CIG.
- Loaners are not permanent additions to players accounts. They are temporary until ships become flight ready.
Source: The official Concept Ship Loaners post on Spectrum.
Alpha 3.2 Notable Ship Matrix Changes
3.2 turned out to be a more interesting patch than we previously thought. Although pretty much the only major gameplay feature to be added, lots of enhancements to performance and the other features make for a much more enjoyable experience. Also the better frames in PTU have somewhat made it to the live servers, which makes a difference from previous patches where performance at live was worse.
Some of the notable changes are:
- Orion now gets a Prospector loaner instead of a Reclaimer
- Vulture loaner is the Prospector
- 890 Jump gets 600i loaner
- Apollo (New) gets Constellation Andromeda loaner
Loaner Matrix – Alpha 3.2
100 series 300i
890 Jump 600i, 85x
Apollo Constellation Andromeda
Carrack Constellation Aquila, URSA Rover
Constellation Phoenix, Taurus Constellation Andromeda, URSA Rover
Crucible Constellation Andromeda
Cutlass Variants Cutlass Black
Cyclone & Variants Cyclone Base, Aurora MR
Defender Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)
Dragonfly Aurora MR
Freelancer Variants Freelancer
Genesis Starliner Constellation Andromeda
Hammerhead Starfarer Gemini
Hercules Starlifter Starfarer Gemini
Hawk Cutlass Black
Hull A & B Freelancer
Hull C Starfarer
Hull D, E Reclaimer
Idris-M & P Starfarer Gemini, MPUV Passenger
Javelin Starfarer Gemini, MPUV Cargo
Lynx Rover URSA Rover
Mercury Star Runner Herland & Freelancer
Mustang Alpha Aurora MR (Temporary)
Nova URSA Rover
P-72 Archimedes P-52 Merlin
Polaris Starfarer Gemini
Prowler Vanguard Hoplite
Redeemer Vanguard Hoplite
Reliant Variants Reliant
Retaliator Retaliator Bomber
Terrapin F7C-M Super Hornet
Vanguard Harbinger & Sentinel Vanguard Warden
X1 & Variants Nox
Why Do I have An Aurora MR in My Ship List?
If you never purchased an Aurora MR you might have it in the Persistent Universe as a loaner to another ship. For example, all Mustang Alpha owners have temporarily been given an Aurora MR loaner due to the current technical issues making the Mustang Alpha almost unusable in the Persistent Universe.
Why Do I have A Super Hornet In My Ship List?
Some ships (like the Reclaimer) receive an Aurora MR and Super Hornet as loaner ships both in the PU and Arena Commander.
Please note, our loaner matrix list may be out of date. Please always check the official RSI website for up to date information.